Thursday, December 18, 2008

Paper White Narcissus Project

Take a break from the holiday running and start this easy project. Paper White Narcissus are a holiday flower, but I start mine now, so they bloom in the snowfilled month of January. Since I just started mine today, I will keep you posted on their progress. This is also great fun for kids- watching the roots entwine and flowers start!

You will need:
Clean vase or two
River Rocks, marbles, glass gems, or stones
Paper White Narcissus bulbs (these can be purchased at any big box store- I got mine at Home Depot).



Ingredients- I used river rocks in my vases.


These are the filled vases. Add water to touch the bottom of the bulbs and you will see sprouts in a couple of days. They will bloom in 4-6 weeks. I will keep you posted on the progress...


1 comment:

Homemade Design said...

Happy Friday Tracey!

Very cool blog... would you consider adding it and your decorating business to our HMD certified directory at www.HMDhome.com?

You can apply or get more info under the partners section of the www.hmdhome.com website or visit www.design4everyone.com for a nifty presentation with more info.

Have a great day!